Biography and Education
Karen S. Morgan, MD, received her undergraduate degree with honors (Phi Beta Kappa and Summa Cum Laude) from USC. Later, she earned her medical school degree from the USC Keck School of Medicine graduating with Alpha Omega Alpha honors awarded in her junior year. She completed her internship training at the Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center. After residency training was completed at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, she returned to USC as the Resident Supervisor. For the past 30 years, she has practiced general ophthalmology in the city of Pasadena. Dr. Morgan is a comprehensive ophthalmologist and evaluates and manages patients with cataracts, refractive errors, glaucoma, macular degeneration and other types of retinal disease.
- MD, Keck School of Medicine of USC, 1980
- Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center, 1980-1981
- University of Miami School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, 1981-1984
- Keck School of Medicine of USC, Department of Ophthalmology, 1984-1985
Professional society memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Honor Award, 1994
- The Essential Guide to L.A.’s Best Doctors, Los Angeles Magazine, 1996-present
- The Best Doctors in America: Pacific Region, 1996-1997
- Pasadena Magazine Best Doctors, 2008-Present
- Nerad JA, Kersten RC, Neuhaus RW, Nowinski TS, Patrinely JR, Morgan KS (editors): “Orbit, Eyelids and Lacrimal System” in Basic and Clinical Science Course, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1995.
- Alfonso, Friedland, Hupp, Senikowich, Sklar and Forster: Neissemia Gonorrhea Conjunctivitis. An Outbreak during an Epidemic of Acute Hemorrhagic Conjunctivitis. Journal of the American Medical Association. Volume 252, Number 6, 1983.
- Senikowich KJ, Gass JDM, Nicholson DH: “Dark Choroid” in Stargardt’s Disease. Supplement to Invest. Ophthalmology and Visual Science. Volume 24, Number 3:71, March 1983.
- Senikowich KJ, Gass JDM, Norton EWD: Combined Retinal and Retinal Pigment Epithelial Hamartomas: Developmental versus Acquired. Supplement to Invest. Ophthalmology and Visual Science. Volume 25, Number 3:50, March 1984.