Biography and Education
Linda A. Lam, MD, MBA, is the vice chair of Satellite Clinical Affairs and an associate professor in ophthalmology at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. She was educated at Brown University where she graduated with honors in Neuroscience. Dr. Lam received her medical degree with honors at Cornell University Medical College, where she also completed a research fellowship on retinal cell physiology. She completed her residency at the Cole Eye Institute at Cleveland Clinic, before her fellowship appointment at Georgetown University Hospital and the Retina Group of Washington. She serves as a reviewer for journals including Ophthalmology and British Journal of Ophthalmology. Dr. Lam has authored peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters in retinal diseases. She has lectured both internationally and nationally on retinal disease and research. She also serves as the medical director of USC Roski Eye Institute Arcadia. She also is a graduate of the executive MBA program at the Marshall School of Business. Dr. Lam is also an executive board member at the Braille Institute of America. Her research interests include macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, complex vitreoretinal surgery, and innovative technology to aid blind and low vision individuals.
Dr. Lam conducts research on the development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and vascular disease of the retina. She is a principal investigator of a clinical trial for neovascular macular degeneration and is a co-investigator in many clinical trials involving treatment and prevention of diseases such as macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- Cornell University Medical College, Honors
- Brown University, Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience, Honors
- Internship in Internal Medicine Lenox Hill Hospital, NY
- Ophthalmology Residency, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH
- Georgetown University Hospital/ Retina Group of Washington
Professional society memberships
- The Retina Society
- American Society of Retinal Specialists
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Los Angeles Ophthalmology Society
- Tri-county Eye Society
- Chinese American Ophthalmologic Society
- Soroptimist Foundation Scholarship for Community Leadership
- Class of 1993 Brown University Scholar
- Sigma Xi Award, Brown University
- Tai Foundation Medical Scholarship
- NIH Summer Training Grant Fellowship
- David S. Barr Research Fellowship
- Dilmaghani Medical Scholarship
- American Heart Association Research Fellowship
- Cornell University Medical College Award for Honors in Research
- Highest patient satisfaction score, Press-Ganey survey, Department of Ophthalmology, USC
- Pasadena Magazine Top Doctor
- Hariri A, Diniz B, Fou LV, Lam LA, Nittala MG, Sadda SR. Quantitative OCT Subanalysis of eyes with Choroidal Neovascularization Switched from Multiple Injections of Bevacizumab or Ranibizumab to Intravitreal Aflibercept. Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers & Imaging Retina. 2015;46(2):195-200. Epub 2015/02/24. doi: 10.3928/23258160-20150213-18. PubMed PMID: 25707044.
- Lam LA, Rodger DC. Bilateral Macular Detachments, Venous Stasis Retinopathy, and Retinal Hemorrhages as Initial Presentation of Multiple Myeloma: A Case Report. Retinal Cases & Brief Reports. 2014;8(4):240-4. Epub 2014/11/06. doi: 10.1097/icb.0000000000000110. PubMed PMID: 25372517.
- Gasperini JL, Fawzi AA, Khondkaryan A, Lam L, Chong LP, Eliott D, et al. Bevacizumab and Ranibizumab Tachyphylaxis in the Treatment of Choroidal Neovascularisation. The British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2012;96(1):14-20. Epub 2011/07/28. doi: 10.1136/bjo.2011.204685. PubMed PMID: 21791509.
- Eandi CM, Neri P, Adelman RA, Yannuzzi LA, Cunningham ET, Jr. Acute Syphilitic Posterior Placoid Chorioretinitis: Report of a Case Series and Comprehensive Review of the Literature. Retina (Philadelphia, Pa). 2012;32(9):1915-41. Epub 2012/08/07. doi: 10.1097/IAE.0b013e31825f3851. PubMed PMID: 22863970.
- Lam LA, Lowder CY, Baerveldt G, Smith SD, Traboulsi EI. Surgical Management of Cataracts in Children with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis-Associated Uveitis. American Journal of Ophthalmology. 2003;135(6):772-8. Epub 2003/06/06. PubMed PMID: 12788115.
- Marmorstein AD, Csaky KG, Baffi J, Lam L, Rahaal F, Rodriguez-Boulan E. Saturation of, and Competition for Entry into, the Apical Secretory Pathway. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2000;97(7):3248-53. Epub 2000/03/22. doi: 10.1073/pnas.070049497. PubMed PMID: 10725401; PubMed Central PMCID: PMCPmc16224.
- Erkan D, Lam LA, Yazici Y, Magid SK. A Case of VATER Association Mimicking Spondylarthropathy. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology. 2000;18(5):651. Epub 2000/11/10. PubMed PMID: 11072616.