Biography and Education
Veronica L. Isozaki, OD, FAAO, earned her undergraduate degree at the University of California, Los Angeles and her optometry degree at the Southern California College of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University in Fullerton, CA. She then completed a residency in Cornea and Contact Lenses at The State University of New York of Optometry, where she spent part of her time at a private cornea ophthalmology practice at the prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary.
Her clinical interests involve specialty contact lenses for keratoconus, irregular corneas, post-corneal transplants, degenerative myopia, and aphakia, and is experienced and knowledgeable in fitting a variety of contact lenses including scleral lenses, gas permeable lenses, hybrid lenses, and multifocal and high toric contact lenses. Dr. Isozaki strives to provide exceptional patient care while addressing the visual needs and comfort of the patient.
- BS, University of California, Los Angeles, Psychobiology, 2003-2007
- OD, Southern California College of Optometry, 2007-2011
- Eye Care Center at Southern California College of Optometry, Optometry, 2010
- National Naval Medical Center, Optometry, 2011
- State University of New York, College of Optometry, Cornea and Contact Lenses
Professional society memberships
- American Academy of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association
- Asian American Optometric Society
- Beta Sigma Kappa, International Optometric Honor Society
- American Optometric Student Association
- National Optometric Student Association
- September 2009 Drs. Chen & Jennifer Mallinger Young Scholarship, SCCO, 2009
- September 2010 California Optometric Council Endowed Scholarship, SCCO, 2010
- November 2010 Essilor Student Travel Fellowship, Essilor USA, 2010
- PEN/ABB Con-Cise Award, SCCO, 2011
- Vistakon Inc., Award of Excellence in Contact Lens Patient Care, SCC, 2011
- AAO Cornea, Contact Lenses, & Refractive Technologies Resident, Travel Fellowship, Bausch + Lomb, 2011
- 2012 CLCS Student-Resident Photo Contest Travel Grant: Runner-Up Award, 2012
SN Moysidis, N Koulisis, H Ameri, D Matsunaga, J Yi, VL Isozaki, AH Kashani, LC Olmos de Koo. Multimodal Imaging of Geographic Areas of Retinal Darkening. Retina Cases & Brief Reports. Volume 9 (Number 4):347-351, 2015.