Biography and Education
Nicole Yang, OD, attended the University of California, Los Angeles and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry. She received her Doctor of Optometry degree from University of California, Berkeley. She continued her training through residency program at Sepulveda Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Los Angeles, specializing in geriatric and primary care optometry. Dr. Yang also completed a post-doctoral fellowship program at the Beijing University Third Hospital in Beijing, China. She practices full scope optometry and has a special interest in ocular disease management and Orthokeratology.
Dr. Yang’s other training includes completing clinical rotations at the New Mexico Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Arizona Mayo Clinic, Sacramento Kaiser Permanente Hospital, and the Eye Care Center at UC Berkeley.
In her spare time, Dr. Yang enjoys spending time with her family and traveling.
- BS, University of California, Los Angeles, Biochemistry, 2001-2005
- OD, University of California, Berkeley, 2006-2010
- Sepulveda Veteran Affairs Healthcare Center: Primary Eye Care and Geriatric Optometry with an emphasis on Ocular Disease
- Beijing University Third Hospital, Primary Eye Care
Professional society memberships:
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association
- Asian American Optometric Society
- Beta Sigma Kappa, International Optometric Honor Society
- Graduate Opportunity Program Fellowship, UC Berkeley, 2006
- Professional Student Support Fund Award, UC Berkeley, 2009
- Professional Student Support Fund, The Dr. John R. and Norma M. Austin Optometry Award, UC Berkeley, 2010