Biography and Education
Rachel Young, OD, earned her Bachelors degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and her Doctor of Optometry from the New England College of Optometry in Boston, MA. Throughout her optometric training, Dr. Young completed externships in various private practices, community health care clinics, and OD-OMD practices. Following completion of her doctorate, she completed a residency at the VA Long Beach Healthcare System; Major Robert Soltes Jr. OD Blind Rehabilitation Center with an emphasis on Low Vision Rehabilitation and Traumatic Brain Injuries. She is also knowledgeable in the detection and management of various ocular diseases such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
Dr. Young joins the prestigious faculty at USC Roski Eye Institute as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology with great enthusiasm and passion to provide the community with the utmost quality of care. Dr. Young strives to further the advancements of optometry through research, dedicated patient care and teaching.
- BS, University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
- OD, New England College of Optometry
- Residency, VA Long Beach Health Care System
Professional society memberships
- American Academy of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- American Optometric Student Association
- Asian American Optometric Society
- California Optometric Association
- Illinois Optometric Association
- AAO Public Health Care Poster Award and Travel Grant, 2013
- The Vision Care Institute, LLC Award by Johnson + Johnson, 2015
- AAO Resident’s Day Poster Selection, 2016