Biography and Education
Dr. Steven C. Dresner earned his M.D. from the University of Michigan Medical School. He completed an internship in general surgery at the University of California at San Francisco. He was a resident in ophthalmology at Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
He subsequently served as a fellow in Neuro-ophthalmology and Orbital Surgery under John S. Kennerdell, M.D. at the University of Pittsburgh. Following that, he received his fellowship training in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at McGill University in Montreal with Francois Codere, M.D.
Dr. Dresner is a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, (ASOPRS). He is the director of the fellowship in Oculo-facial and Cosmetic Surgery at Eyesthetica sponsored by ASOPRS. He is an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine.
Dr. Dresner is the recipient of the Honor Award and Senior Honor Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He has published over thirty peer reviewed articles in major journals and numerous book chapters in Oculplastic text books. He lectures nationally and internationally. Dr. Dresner is the developer of the Medpor MCOI implant and the co-developer of the Medpor SST implant.
Dr. Dresner is available to see patients for consultation at Eyesthetica’s Santa Monica, Pasadena, and Torrance offices.
- University of California, San Francisco 1976 – 1977
- Louisiana State University, New Orleans 1979 – 1982
- Neuro-ophthalmology, Orbital Disease and Surgery University of Pittsburgh 1982 – 1983
- Fellow, Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery McGill University 1983 – 1984
Professional society memberships:
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- California Association of Ophthalmology
- Los Angeles Eye Society
- Canadian Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- Honor Award, AAO
- Senior Honor Award, AAO