Whether you are interested in a residency or fellowship at the USC Roski Eye Institute, find out more about the application process and our interview day.
Application Process for Residents:
Apply through SF Match. Supplement letters are acceptable via email or mail to the program
Application Process for Fellows:
Please directly apply to the fellowship supervisor’s administrative team through SF Match.
Academic Program Administrator: Michelle Cox
To Apply for Residency:
Apply through SF Match
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2021
November 29 – December 3, 2021
- Applications are accepted only through SF Match. Documents that are mailed, faxed or emailed will not be incorporated into your file.
- All applicants must take the USMLE. We do not accept COMLEX as your only exam.
- A completed application must include the common application form, medical school transcript and a personal statement. We do not require 2 additional supplemental letters; However, we will accept supplemental letters if the applicant has any.
- International Graduates should possess valid ECFMG certificates and have the State of California eligibility letter. We only accept J-1 visas. US clinical experience is required.
- If your application is selected for an invitation to interview, you will be contacted via email through SF MATCH. All applications submitted through SF MATCH will be reviewed.
- Additional supplemental letters are accepted via email to: email@example.com
- At the time of application, applicants do not need to complete the USMLE Step 2. However, upon selection to the program, the USMLE Step 2 must be submitted. USMLE Step 2 is required for foreign applicants.
- Please refer to SF Match for additional eligibility qualifications.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and ACGME recommendations, our residency program will be conducting virtual interviews for the 2021 application cycle.
Next, read about Living in Los Angeles as a resident.