Biography and Education
Hardeep Singh, PhD, studies retinoblastoma development. His research is focused on understanding how features of the cone cell of origin of retinoblastoma sensitize to RB loss and MYCN over-expression to enable cone precursor proliferation. He particularly aims to understand a human cone precursor proliferation related program as a step towards producing humanized mouse models that better mimic human cone and retinoblastoma biology.
- University of Alberta, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- L. V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India, PhD (Genetics of Retinal Dystrophies), 2010
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India, MSc (Human Genetics), 2002
- DAV College, Jalandhar, India, BSc (Biology, Chemistry), 2000
- The Saban Research Institute (TSRI), Travel Award, 2019
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), Travel Award, 2018
- International Society for Eye Research (ISER), Travel Award, 2016
- Indian Eye Research Group (IERG), Travel Award, 2008
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Senior Research Fellow, 2007
- Li, Z, DL Qui, HP Singh, Y Zou, B Shen, D Cobrinik. A novel thyroid hormone receptor isoform, TRβ2 46, promotes SKP2 expression and retinoblastoma cell proliferation. J Biol Chem, 2019.
- HP Singh, S Wang, K Stachelek, S Lee, MW Reid, ME Thornton, CM Craft, BH Grubbs, and D Cobrinik. Developmental-stage-specific proliferation and retinoblastoma genesis in RB-deficient human but not mouse cone precursors. Proc Natl Acad Sci (USA) 115:E9391-E9400. 2018. PMID: 30213853.
- Xu XL, HP Singh, L Wang, D Qi, B Poulos, D Abramson, S Jhanwar, and D Cobrinik. 2014. Rb suppresses human cone precursor-derived retinoblastoma tumours. Nature 514:385-388. 2014. PMCID: PMC4232224.
- Kannabiran C, HP Singh, N Sahini, S Jalali, G Mohan 2012. Mutations in TULP1, NR2E3, and MFRP genes in Indian families with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa. Mol Vis 18:1165-1174. 2012. PMID: 22605927 PMCID: PMC3351411.
- Seo S, HP Singh, PM Lacal, A Sasman, A Fatima, T Liu, KM Shinnick, DW Losordo, OJ Lehmann, and T Kume. 2012. FoxC1 preserves corneal transparency by regulating vascular growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci (USA) 109:2015-2020. 2012. PMCID: PMC3277512.
- Kannabiran C, HP Singh, and S Jalali. Mapping of locus for autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa on chromosome 6q23. Hum Genet 131:717-723. 2011. PMID: 22083234.
- HP Singh, S Jalali, and C Kannabiran. Genetic analysis of Indian families with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa by homozygosity screening. Invest Ophthalmol and Vis Sci 50:4065-4071. 2009 PMCID: PMC2777646.
- Friedman JS, B Chang, C Kannabiran, C Chakarova, HP Singh, S Jalali, NL.Hawes, K Branham, M Othman, E Filippova, DA Thompson, A Webster, S Andréasson, SG Jacobson, SS Bhattacharya, JR Heckenlively, and A Swaroop. Premature truncation of a novel protein, RD3, exhibiting sub-nuclear localization is associated with retinal degeneration. Am J Hum Genet 79:1059-1070. 2006 PMCID: PMC1698706.