Biography and Education
Kent Nguyen, OD, FAAO, earned his Bachelors degree in Integrative Biology from University of California, Berkeley and his Doctor of Optometry degree from Southern California College of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University. His training included treating patients with low vision at the Center for the Partially Sighted, pediatric patients in medically underserved communities, and geriatric patients at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Los Angeles. He then completed a residency in ocular disease at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in White River Junction, VT, where he managed patients with glaucoma and diabetic eye disease, and was involved in clinical teaching of interns and residents. He has presented multiple lectures to the community on the importance of healthy vision. Dr. Nguyen is proud to be a member of USC Roski Eye Institute as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology. He strives for quality eye care with confidence, compassion, and enthusiasm.
- BA, Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley
- OD, Southern California College of Optometry
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Primary Care and Ocular Disease
Professional society memberships:
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry
- Beta Sigma Kappa
- Fellowship of the American Academy of Optometry, 2014
- Chiu GB, Nguyen K, Yang NK, Cocozza JD, Isozaki VL. Ophthalmic Technician Education Program at the USC Roski Eye Institute. American Academy of Optometry. 2018 Nov.
- Nguyen K, Chiu GB. Limbal Stem Cell Deficiency in Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. Contact Lens Spectrum. 2019 Jun;34(6):48.
- Nguyen K. Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus: A Teaching Case Report”. The Journal of Optometric Education 39(2), 2014.