Our fellowship trained oculo-facial plastic surgeons offer a wide spectrum of treatments under the Ophthalmic Plastic, Orbital and Reconstructive Surgery service at the USC Roski Eye Institute. Our multidisciplinary areas of expertise focus on treating conditions that may change the appearance around the eye as well as physical changes that may affect vision. Our services are offered for both cosmetic and functional ophthalmic and orbital applications. Most notably, all our oculo-facial plastic surgeons are board certified and fellowship trained through the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) and have completed research theses, met a wide variety of surgical requirements, and have passed written and oral boards for membership into the elite society. Are you looking for oculo-facial plastic surgery from skilled ophthalmologists? Call 323-442-6335 or contact us online today!
**LIMITED TIME ONLY: 25% OFF ANY COSMETIC PROCEDURE OF YOUR CHOICE**
Conditions We Treat
- Droopy Eyelids (Blepharoptosis)
- Droopy Eyebrows
- Broken Bones Around the Eye
- Excessive Skin/Puffiness of the Eyelids
- Sagging Eyelids
- Bags/Wrinkles Under Eyes
- Fine Vessels on the Face
- Red Spots or Brown Spots on the Face
- Facial Wrinkles
- Facial Aging
- Skin Aging
- Eyelid Malposition (Turning In or Out of Eyelids)
- Watery Eyes/Tearing
- Bumps Around the Eyelids
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Cancer of the Tissue Surrounding or Behind the Eye
- Trichiasis (Misdirected Eyelashes)
- Tumors of the Orbit
A formal evaluation will be conducted to determine the most optimal treatment option for each patient. Our specialists have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic tests, which include:
- Formal Visual Field Testing to Evaluate if Droopy Eyelids Affect Visual Field
- Tear Production Testing
- Probing and Irrigation to Evaluate Tear Duct System
- Endoscopy to Evaluate Sinuses and Tear Duct System
- Will Order CT, MRI or Other Imaging, If Necessary Through Radiology
What does a cosmetic consultation look like?
This service often requires an interdisciplinary approach, collaborating across several disciplines, which include USC dermatologists, otolaryngologists, general plastic surgeons and even ocular oncologists (in the case of tumor resections). The combined approach is the result of the unique academic environment established by the USC Roski Eye Institute, allowing for an unprecedented level of expertise both clinically and surgically in the management and treatment of a given condition.
Offered in only a few centers nationwide, patients have access to laser resurfacing and light therapy treatments in the periorbital region and full face.
- Halo™ by Sciton® Laser – combination laser therapy of both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to treat conditions such as discoloration and fine wrinkles around the face and eyes. Great for turning back time on aging skin with reduced downtime.
- BBL™ by Sciton® Light Therapy – for maintenance of youthful skin and treatment of pigmented spots, reds, rosacea, and dry eye disease.
- Cutera VariLite Laser – for focal pigments and fine vessels or angiomas
Other Oculo-Facial Plastic Surgery Services:
- Laser and Light Therapy
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Eyebrow Ptosis – (Brow Lifts – Cosmetic and Functional, Endoscopic and Direct)
- Blepharoplasty- (Cosmetic and Functional)
- Orbital Fractures
- Oculo-Facial Plastic Surgery
- Orbital Decompression
- Surgery of the Tear Drainage System
- Reconstruction After Removal of Cancer
- Reconstruction of the Orbit and the Area Surrounding the Eye After Trauma
- Reconstruction After Moh’s Micrographic Surgery for Tumor Sxcision
The toll of accidents, age, disease, and countless other conditions can severely compromise the appearance and well-being of your eyes, leading to severe sight impairment and worsening health. The timely intervention of an oculo-facial plastic surgeon from the USC Roski Eye Institute can help restore your eyesight and your appearance.
Please visit our Doctors page for summaries of the basic/translational and clinical research being conducted by our clinicians.
Next, read about our pathology services.