The Health and Medicine Division of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (formerly the Institute of Medicine) is conducting a consensus study to examine core principles and public health strategies to reduce visual impairment and promote eye health in the United States. During this webinar, we hear from members of the Study Committee who will share highlights from their report – “Making Eye Health a Population Health Imperative: Vision for Tomorrow.”
Listen below to Dr. Varma discuss recommendations made across five core action areas:
1. Facilitating public awareness through timely access to accurate and locally relevant information.
2. Generating evidence to guide policy decisions and evidence-based actions.
3. Expanding access to clinical care.
4. Enhancing public health capacities to support vision-related activities.
5. Promoting community actions that encourage eye and vision healthy environments.